Building Condition Assessment
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Follow the visual inspection methods used by specialists
- Use the latest destructive and non-destructive investigation techniques when conducting a building condition survey
- Select destructive and non-destructive testing techniques based on their strengths and limitations, and suitability to your concrete, steel, timber and masonry structures
- Interpret building system results
- Assess the useful life of the building systems and the whole building
As buildings age, those responsible for them must get involved with condition surveys. These individuals have to evaluate materials, conduct destructive or non-destructive tests, evaluate results and decide on the necessary actions for structural rehabilitation. This seminar explains the step-by-step procedures for conducting a condition survey of concrete, steel, timber and masonry structures, HVAC, mould, plumbing, electrical and fire safety systems.
The strengths and limitations of destructive and non-destructive techniques, along with their suitability for a variety of situations, are discussed.
- Assessing Building Conditions
- Structural Condition of Wood, Steel and Concrete
- Masonry Structures
- Building Envelope: Testing and Monitoring
- Roofing, Doors and Windows
- Site Elements and Life Expectancy
- Fire Safety
- HVAC Components and Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Facility Condition Index
- Review Building Condition Assessment Reports and Case Studies
Who Should Attend:
Structural Engineers • Project Engineers and Managers • Consulting Engineers • Designers • Facility Supervisors and Managers • Building Services Managers • Technicians and Technologists • Capital Asset Personnel • Inspection Personnel • Architects
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW