Canadian Roundabout Design Guide
After participating in this course, you will be provided with:
- An overview of the contents of the TAC Canadian Roundabout Design Guide (CRDG)
- How to use the CRDG in conjunction with the TAC Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads (GDGCR) and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Canada (MUTCDC)
- By the end of the workshop, you will understand the basics of planning and designing modern roundabouts
- Acquire a basic knowledge of roundabout geometric design
This two-day seminar is an introduction to the planning and design of modern roundabouts using the TAC Canadian Roundabout Design Guide.
Day One of the seminar covers planning considerations, including traffic analysis and assessment as to where roundabouts may be preferred over stop-controlled or signalized intersections because of capacity, safety or life cycle costs, as well as issues associated with pedestrian and cyclist accommodation, public outreach and maintenance.
Day Two focuses on the geometric design of roundabouts and aspects of detailed design such as design checks, design vehicle accommodation, grading, signage and pavement markings, illumination and sightline requirements. The seminar is highly interactive with numerous examples of as-constructed roundabouts in Canada, and each day features a hands-on problem to engage participants.
- Roundabout elements and categories
- Roundabout applications and safety
- Accommodating pedestrians and cyclists
- Roundabout capacity analysis and operations
- Roundabout signage and markings
- Controlling vehicle speeds at roundabouts
- Developing basic horizontal design composition
- High-speed and multi-lane approaches
- Roundabout design checks
- Design principles and pitfalls
Who Should Attend:
Traffic Engineers • Project Engineers • Transportation Engineers • Designers • Infrastructure Managers • Municipal Managers and Administrators • Traffic Planners • Transportation Planners • Consulting EngineersREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW