Civil Engineering for Non-Civil Engineers
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply fundamental concepts to civil engineering works.
- Employ materials and mechanics core principles in various civil engineering applications.
- Assess information needed in civil engineering design.
- Use robust strategy in temporary structures and civil construction.
- Solve common civil engineering design problems such as in pavements and concrete structures.
- Assess the condition of civil infrastructure such as bridges and its need for repair.
Non-civil engineers involved in civil construction and infrastructure projects need to acquire a robust fundamental basis without the complexity associated with expert knowledge. This course covers the materials, mechanics and field construction and inspection aspects of diverse civil works including pavements, bridges, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, fiber-reinforced composites, temporary structures, and condition assessment of aging structures. The course introduces basic simplified theory then uses workshops and problem-based learning to reinforce field application.
- Materials and section properties
- Structural loads and mechanics
- Pavement materials and design
- Temporary structures and formwork
- Reinforced concrete structures
- Prestressed concrete structures
- Fiber-reinforced composites in civil construction
- Non-destructive testing of bridges
- Assessment of in-service civil infrastructure
Who Should Attend
Architects • Non-Civil Engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, Mining, Chemical, Agricultural, etc.) • Plant Engineers • Fabricators and Manufacturers of Civil Systems • General Contractors • Property Managers • Directors of Physical Plants • Municipal Building Officials • Building Inspectors • Field Review Personnel • Project Engineers • Others wanting to know more about Civil Engineering.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW