Coastal and Marine Engineering with Application
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Define site specific wind, current and wave climate
- Design shoreline protection structures against waves and sediment transport
- Characterise structural behaviour of marine pipes, piles, piers, jetties, breakwaters, sea walls, and offshore platforms (spar, semi-sub, ship, etc.)
- Estimate forces on structures from wind, wave, current, and ice
- Introduce and apply and simple computational aids including open-source coastal engineering software
Coastal engineering deals with the physical processes ongoing at the coastline and understanding how such processes interact with infrastructure and the natural environment. This specialized field blends the sciences of meteorology and oceanography with principles of civil, environmental, geological, and geotechnical engineering.
With increased flooding hazards due to sea level rise and aging infrastructure, there is a growing need for the reassessment of existing shore protection works. This short course will explain core principles of coastal engineering and present practical methods of analysis required for its sound application. It will assist professionals involved in the design, management, or approval of coastal and marine works.
- Wave Mechanics
- Coastal Sediment Transport Processes
- Design of Shore Protection Works
- Wave Loading on Marine Structures
- VIV (Vortex-Induced Vibration
- Resonance and Fatigue
- Introduction to Open Source Software
- Physical Modelling of Coastal and Marine Structures
Who Should Attend:
Civil and Municipal Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Hydrotechnical Engineers • Civil and Marine Contractors • Public Works Personnel • Regulators
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW