Concrete Materials, Construction Methods and Standard Practices
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Implement up-to-date code requirements for materials and construction methods for cast-in-place, precast and residential concrete
- Apply the latest code changes in the design and construction of new infrastructure
- Discuss the rationale behind each change in the code
- Solve common problems related to concrete materials and construction methods based on the new code, while ensuring that standard practice is properly implemented
- Upgrade your compliance with the requirements of concrete materials, methods of construction and test methods
The performance, resilience and sustainability of concrete structures depends on the materials used, construction methods adopted and test procedures used to ensure compliance. The design code is a complex document that necessitates user training. Thorough knowledge of the current Canadian code will enhance the confidence and efficiency of professionals who need to keep abreast of the new changes in the code, understand the rationale behind them and become proficient in the best practices for their implementation.
This course covers the main changes to and advancements in concrete materials, test methods and construction practice through an interactive case-based discussion of real world problems.
- Structure of the standard and its scope
- The new standard and the rationale for the changes
- How to use the new concrete code effectively
- Applying the code for residential and other construction
- Related hot topics and case studies
Who Should Attend
Concrete construction and specification consultants • engineers • technicians • Ready-mix and precast concrete professionals • Construction inspectors • Concrete materials suppliers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW