Construction Project Delivery Systems and Their Implementation
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the most appropriate project delivery system
- Allocate project risk and compile contract documents that clearly define the risks
- Use appropriate procurement documents and processes to run the project
- Establish a system for project monitoring and documentation
- Manage disputes using amicable dispute resolution methods
- Prepare for project completion and contract close-out
Contracting today demands a highly-skilled and professional approach, and adopting the right contracting strategy to fit the circumstances has a vital role in ensuring project success. Deciding who is best suited to conduct the various parts of the work, and negotiating appropriate contract terms and conditions are very important elements of that strategy.
Several delivery models have evolved to provide quality projects quickly and economically: design-build, EPC, P3 and various kinds of construction management. We will consider their respective pros and cons to determine the most appropriate one to use, and focus on the key issues of early planning, contract preparation, tendering and awarding. Actual case examples are discussed, contract performance is explained, how to resolve construction disputes and prepare for bidding. Forming the contract, parties’ obligations, and final payment are also discussed. This course is designed to assist construction professionals in their day-to-day activities.
- Project Delivery Systems
- Implementing the Chosen Strategy
- Compiling the Appropriate Construction Contract Documents
- Documenting the Project Execution
- Designing a Dispute Management System
- Substantial Completion and Contract Close-Out
Who Should Attend:
Project Managers • Engineers • Contract Managers • Designers • Architects • Contractors • Construction Management Personnel • Procurement Specialists • Subcontractors • Project Technicians and Technologists • Developers • Business Owners • Consultants • Government Employees • Public-Sector Employees
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW