Culvert Design and Inspection
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Solve simple hydrology and hydraulic engineering problems
- Review hydrology, hydraulics and the service life of culverts
- Review culvert inspection condition reports
Culverts are a critical, component of our drainage system which protects people and property from the damaging effect of floods. Assessment and review of designs and condition reports are an important function in asset management in todays setting of fiscal restraint.
The course was prepared for managers, reviewers, technicians, and inspectors who need a basic understanding of the design, installation, and inspection of culverts during their useful life. This course provides the fundamentals without delving into complicated mathematical formulas. Lectures will include real life examples and simple hands-on exercises and problem-solving.
- Drainage Design Criteria
- Rainfall Analyses
- Time of Concentration –Review of Design Equations, Charts and Their Limitations
- Workshop for Estimating Flows in Drainage Design
- Open Channel Flow
- Design of Open Channels
- Design of Culverts and Bridge Openings
- Culvert Inspection and Estimation of Service Life
- Review and Conclusions
Who Should Attend
Engineers managers, reviewers, technicians, and inspectors not familiar with hydrotechnical engineering, such as:
- civil engineers
- mechanical engineers
- mining engineers
- agricultural engineers
- municipal engineers
- manufacturers of drainage products
- general contractors
- property managers
- directors of physical plants
- municipal officials
- infrastructure inspectors
- field review personnel
- project engineers
- others who would like to know more about hydrotechnical systems, or require a refresher
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW