Design and Analysis of Stormwater Management Ponds
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of stormwater management, pond design, application and types of storage facilities
- Understand the limitations of the standard of practice and examine state-of-the-art engineering
- Apply basic hydrology and hydraulic principles to urban drainage design
- Determine runoff (peak flows and volumes) from rural and urban watersheds
- Gain a solid understanding of stormwater pond design principles and criteria
- Learn to design and analyze stormwater ponds to meet given planning objectives
This workshop provides a detailed review of the complex stormwater management pond design procedures. By participating in this course, you will focus on the latest application of sound planning, design, construction and maintenance practices for stormwater management ponds.
The workshop will review the building blocks of a pond design, such as hydrology and hydraulic calculations that underlie a design. It will provide an overview of the current criteria required by approval agencies, a review of types of pond storage facilities, and a review of pond layout components, such as forebays, permanent and active storages, inlets, outlets, and spillways.
- Overview of stormwater management
- Hydrology refresher
- Pond design criteria
- Catchment and site characteristics
- Overview of pond components
- Pond analysis design
- Operation, inspection and maintenance
- Example of a step-by-step pond design
- Review of computer model software
- Case study Review
Who Should Attend
Those involved with the design, construction, operation, maintenance, or review of stormwater ponds, including:
Drainage Engineers • Municipal Engineers • Consultants • Technologists • Developers • Planners • Supervisors • Field and Technical personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW