Design and Construction of Earthworks
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply soil mechanics principles to earthwork design and construction
- Consider environmental factors in earthworks
- Interpret geotechnical reports, environmental assessments, specifications, guidelines and standards pertaining to the design and construction of earthworks
- Optimize your choices of construction technology, equipment and procedure
In this three-day course, you will obtain an overview of principles and techniques for the design and construction of earthworks. You will learn how to address these issues through presentations, case studies and discussions with an expert.
Specific topics include soil characterization, interpretation of soil reports, construction and quality control of earthworks, dewatering of ground materials, the impact of groundwater and other environmental issues, and soil excavation. Case studies will be used to help you better understand course material.
- Subsurface investigation and soil characterization
- Stability analysis of natural and manmade slopes
- Design and control of compacted earthworks
- Seepage in soil
- Dewatering techniques for geomaterials
- Excavation in soil
- Retaining structures for earthworks stabilization
Who Should Attend
Geotechnical Engineers • Geotechnical Geologists • Technicians and Technologists • Contractors • Site Supervisors • Municipal Engineers • Owners • Developers • Engineering and Architectural Consultants • Environmental Engineers and Scientists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW