Design of Buried Pipelines-An Advanced Approach
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Learn the latest knowledge and science in pipeline engineering
- Address challenges in the pipeline industry
- Determine precise loads on buried pipelines
- Learn about the designs of rigid, semi-flexible, and flexible buried pipelines
Subsurface infrastructure is an absolute necessity of modern societies nowadays. One of this subsurface infrastructure's complex and extensive components is piping systems used for diverse applications, including sewer lines, drainage lines, subway tunnels, water mains, gas lines, culverts, and utility conduits. However, these buried lifelines are often forgotten unless they deteriorate and fail, resulting in costly service disruption, repairs, multiple ripping of roads, and time-consuming litigation. Proper engineering knowledge is the key to solving this problem. After a brief review on calculating loads on buried pipes, this course will focus on the design of rigid, steel and iron, and flexible pipes.
The latest AWWA and ASTM guidelines will be used in these analyses. The course is heavily focused on the design and calculation aspects of buried pipes and is considered an advanced course following EPIC's "Buried Pipeline Design" Course.
- External Loads on Buried Pipes
- Design of Rigid, Ductile, and Flexible Pipes
- Examples of determining loads on pipes
- Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
Who Should Attend:
Construction Managers • Utility Engineers • Owners • Geotechnical and Civil Engineers • Contractors • City Managers • Pipeline Engineers • Designers • Consulting Engineers • Fabricators and Manufacturers of Pipeline Systems.
The attendees are expected to have participated in EPIC's "Buried Pipeline Design" course or have some basic knowledge of loads on buried pipelines.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW