Design of Concrete Bridges
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Select an efficient structure for different bridge configurations
- Provide cost-effect solutions for bridge construction
- Evaluate loads and load combinations
- Determine dynamic loading, including seismic factors
- Prepare a detailed design for all concrete bridge components
The worldwide design, development and construction of bridges represent the most challenging achievement in civil engineering. This course presents concrete bridges' structural design and covers superstructures and substructures. The analysis and design include an overview of different short and medium-span bridge types as well as long-span bridges.
This course provides basic principles of strength, serviceability, and detailed design of reinforced concrete bridges and pre-stress concrete bridges. It will cover bridge rehabilitation and new bridge design, including accelerated bridge construction techniques. Numerous examples and case studies are presented in detail for highway and railway bridges.
- Bridge engineering overview and components
- Concrete bridges
- Type of concrete bridges
- Highway and railway bridge design loads
- Short and medium-span bridges
- Design calculations
- Design of concrete railway underpasses
- Bridge rehabilitation vs replacement
- Accelerated bridge construction techniques
Who Should Attend:
Municipal, Provincial and Federal Government Engineers and Managers • Structural Engineers • Design Engineers • Design Technicians • Engineers in Training • Construction personnel • Railway Bridge Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Project Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW