Design of Deep Foundations
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Assess the suitability of the different pile types for the different loading and soil conditions
- Identify the factors affecting the axial and lateral performance of piles
- Determine the axial and lateral capacities and deflections of single piles and pile groups in cohesive and cohesionless soils
- Understand the axial and lateral pile load tests including the test setups and the loading procedures
- Interpret pile load test results
This course is intended to develop understanding of the theories and procedures required to design statically loaded deep foundation systems. The different types of piles will be discussed. This includes the installation techniques and subsequent effects, the load transfer mechanisms and the suitability of different pile geometries for the different loading and soil conditions. Clear design procedures will be given in this course for piles to withstand compressive, pullout and lateral loads. This includes piles installed in cohesive and cohesionless soils at drained and undrained conditions.
The design of pile groups including the carrying capacity of pile groups and the resulting axial and lateral deflections will also be covered. Pile load testing procedures will also be discussed where the different test setups, regimes and interpretation techniques will be presented. Finally, special design cases and practical design implications will be discussed.
- Background and introduction
- Design of axially loaded piles
- Design of laterally loaded piles
- Design of pile group
- Pile load testing
- Special cases
Who Should Attend:
Geotechnical Engineers • Project Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Technicians intending to expand their knowledge of deep foundations
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW