Design of Flexible and Rigid Pavements
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Be able to recognize and use current common pavement design procedures
- Understand key components and factors necessary for the cost-effective design of flexible and rigid pavements
- Understand common design and construction features important to the performance of both asphalt and concrete surfaced pavements
- Design and recognize specification and construction activities that can improve the performance of pavement
- Assist in developing specifications to ensure the performance of pavements
- Communicate and promote good road design and construction practices
Parking lots, municipal roadways, airports and major highways all use some form of pavement. However, each application may be served by a specific pavement type. Some may be constructed using a flexible pavement; others rigid pavement. Which types are appropriate for each application? What are the functional requirements for rigid vs. flexible pavement? How can each be constructed and maintained in a cost-effective manner? This webinar discusses pavement design, specification, subgrade preparation, base/subbase and surface types and function, construction details, and long term functional and structural performance considerations to ensure a long-life and effective product.
This course covers:
- Characterization of design traffic
- Analysis of subgrade support capability
- Base and subbase materials
- Detailing for asphalt and concrete surfacing
- Impact of design and construction on long-term pavement performance
Who Should Attend
- Personnel involved in the design or management of transportation assets
- Pavement network owners and administrators
- Architects, engineers and other professionals involved in the design, evaluation and management of pavements
- Provincial and municipal agencies
- Private sector owners of flexible and rigid pavements
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW