Design of FRP-Reinforced Concrete Structures
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Know the different types of fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites
- Know the properties of FRP bars
- Design of concrete structures internally reinforced with FRP bars
- Check serviceability limit states of FRP-RC structures
This course covers the applications of fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites as internal reinforcement for new concrete structures. It presents the mechanical and physical properties of FRP materials used in civil structures.
The approach used in this course is to review the fundamental structural behaviour of different FRP-reinforced concrete structural elements: modes of failure; ultimate strength in flexure, shear, and axial; serviceability limits, crack width, and deflection; development and splice lengths. The design procedures follow the latest Canadian and American standards and guidelines for FRP composites in concrete structures.
This course will provide several solved design examples and will introduce specialized software for designing FRP-RC beams.
- Introduction to FRP materials in construction
- Material Properties of FRP bars
- Analysis of Flexure
- Serviceability Limit States
- Design of Flexure Elements
- Checking Shear
- Bond, Development, and Fire Resistance of FRP Bars
Who Should Attend
Designers, Construction and Structural Engineers • Project Managers • Consulting Engineers • Engineers in Training • Structural Designers and Inspectors • Managers • Fabricators and material suppliers • Material testing personnel • Regulatory Agency Staff
Welcome, Introduction, Workshop Preview, Learning Outcomes, and Assessment MethodsREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW