Design of Steel Bridges
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Select an efficient structure for different bridge configurations
- Provide cost-effective solutions for bridge construction
- Evaluate loads and load combinations
- Determine dynamic loading, including seismic factors
- Prepare a detailed design for all steel bridge components
Bridges are the most important part of transportation infrastructure. The design, development and worldwide construction of bridges represent the most challenging achievements in civil engineering. This course presents the structural design of steel bridges and covers both superstructures and substructures. An overview of the analysis and design of different short, medium and long-span bridges will be covered.
The course provides the basic principles of strength, serviceability, fatigue analysis, redundancy and load path, and seismic analysis. Numerous examples and case studies are presented in detail for highway and railway bridges.
- Bridge engineering overview
- Bridge main components
- Steel bridges-introduction
- Steel Bridges-selecting the bridge types
- Highway and railway bridge design loads (CHBDC and AREMA standards)
- Composite construction applications in bridge decks
- Steel bridge redundancy
- Fracture control and fatigue
- Seismic design
- Modelling for non-linear seismic analysis
- Long span bridge presentations: cable stay and suspension bridges
- Major rehabilitation of steel bridges - case studies
- Design Example 1 : Three-Span Composite I Girder Bridge
- Design Example 2 : Trough Plate Girder Railway Bridge
Who Should Attend
Highway Agency Managers and Engineers • Railway Bridge Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Structural Engineers • Design Engineers • Superintendents • Contractors • Fabricators • Construction Foremen • Material Suppliers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW