Designing Temporary Structures
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the correlation of the structural design and construction of scaffolding, formwork and shoring
- Apply design principles for scaffolding, formwork and shoring on your projects
- Prevent failure of scaffolding, formwork and shoring having developed insight into the causes of such failure
- Design, erect and inspect formwork, scaffolding and shoring in construction projects
The collapse of a temporary structure during construction involves a high risk of serious injuries, deaths and substantial property loss. Clearly the design of such structures is a critical function. In this intensive two-day seminar/workshop, you learn about the essential elements of design and construction of scaffolding, formwork and shoring. Potential failures because of lack of proper design and/or field modifications without a full understanding of their implications will be summarized.
Although relevant standards, codes, and regulations are mentioned, the most recent prevailing ones should be adhered to for engineering projects.
- Structural analysis
- Design of wood members
- Scaffolding and shoring
- Concrete formwork
Who Should Attend:
Structural, Construction and Municipal Engineers • Design Engineers • Engineers in Training • Project Engineers • Project Coordinators • Construction Manager • Consulting Engineers • Contractors • Construction Inspectors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW