Designing Temporary Structures
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the correlation of the structural design and construction of scaffolding, formwork and shoring
- Apply design principles for scaffolding, formwork and shoring on your projects
- Prevent failure of scaffolding, formwork and shoring having developed insight into the causes of such failure
- Design, erect and inspect formwork, scaffolding and shoring in construction projects
The collapse of a temporary structure during construction involves a high risk of serious injuries, deaths and substantial property loss. Clearly the design of such structures is a critical function. In this intensive two-day seminar/workshop, you learn about the essential elements of design and construction of scaffolding, formwork and shoring. Potential failures because of lack of proper design and/or field modifications without a full understanding of their implications will be summarized.
Although relevant standards, codes, and regulations are mentioned, the most recent prevailing ones should be adhered to for engineering projects.
- Structural analysis
- Design of wood members
- Scaffolding and shoring
- Concrete formwork
Who Should Attend:
Structural, Construction and Municipal Engineers • Design Engineers • Engineers in Training • Project Engineers • Project Coordinators • Construction Manager • Consulting Engineers • Contractors • Construction Inspectors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW