Earthquake Resistant Design Based on Seismic Provisions in NBCC
After participating in this Webinar, you will be able to:
- Perform site classification
- Understand earthquake site amplification
- Conduct seismic site response analysis
- Appreciate the importance of seismic provisions in the design.
The National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) prescribes design standards for buildings and provides the minimum requirements for “health, life safety and structural sufficiency” in new buildings. The NBCC also provides seismic design provisions and ground shaking for different cities in Canada.Â
This lecture focuses on providing basic understanding of earthquakes in Canada, design of geotechnical structures for earthquake loads and discussing the seismic design provisions in the NBCC from geotechnical engineering perspective. All key geotechnical earthquake concepts will be explained and emphasis will be placed on the practical application of the information provided.
- Earthquakes in Canada and eismic design provisions
- NBCC site characterization and classification
- Ground response analysis
- Liquefaction under earthquake loading
- Seismic design of retaining walls
- Seismic design of foundations
Who Should Attend
Those who deal with construction related geotechnical engineering issues or need to build background on geotechnical analyses and design including:
- Civil, environmental and transportation engineers/technicians
- Geologists, city and public works officials/planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW