Ensuring Compliance with Part 3 (Large Buildings) of the National Building Code
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop valuable knowledge on key parts and interpretation of the National Building Code 2015 related to Part 3 Large Buildings
- Discover key elements for use of the National Building Code
- Find out how the objective based codes can work to your advantage and save thousands of dollars
- Comply with rules of construction in future preventing litigation, reducing risk of costly building
The National Building Code 2015 is divided into a number of parts dealing with the size and the use of the building as well as parts dealing with various specialty fields involved in the design of building elements (e.g. Combustible/Non-combustible construction, Barrier free). This course is focused on how to use the 2015 National Building Code. It is of a general nature and will teach you and familiarize you with finding the pertinent section dealing with the subject matter. It specifically deals with assembly, high hazard, care and detention occupancies as well as those buildings greater than 3 stories or 600 m2.
This is an interactive course where you are working with the code as well as the instructor with real examples. Students are required to purchase and bring their copy of the 2015 National Building Code to the course.
- Fire Protection, Occupant Load, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- Combustible Construction
- Building Size and Construction Relative to Occupancy
- Fire Alarm and Detection
- Additional Requirements for High Buildings
- Emergency Lighting and Power Supply
- Exit Requirements
- Vertical Transportation
- Health Requirements
Who Should Attend
Building code, Architectural and Engineering Consultants • Home Inspectors • Designers • Developers • Building Officials • Individuals who are required to achieve compliance
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW