Ensuring Compliance with Part 9 (Small Buildings) of the National Building Code
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop valuable knowledge on key parts and interpretation of the National Building Code with respect to Part 9 (Small Buildings)
- Discover key elements of use of the National Building Code
- Find out how the objective based codes can work to your advantage and save thousands of dollars
- Comply with rules of construction in future preventing litigation, reducing risk of costly building
The National Building Code is divided into a number of parts dealing with the size and the use of the building as well as parts dealing with various specialty fields involved in the design of building elements (e.g. Fire Protection, Barrier free). This course is focused on how to use the National Building Code. It is of a general nature and will teach you and familiarize you with finding the pertinent section dealing with the subject matter. It specifically deals with those buildings of Residential, Office, Mercantile, Medium and Low Hazard use that are 3 stories or less in building height, or 600 m2 or less in building area.
This is an interactive course where you are working with the code as well as the instructor with real examples. Students are required to purchase and bring their copy of the 2020 National Building Code to the course.
- Structural requirements/limitations
- Barrier Free requirements
- Means of Egress
- Fire Protection
- Masonry Construction
- Wood Frame Construction
- Roofing and Cladding
- Plumbing and Mechanical
Who Should Attend
Building code, Architectural and Engineering Consultants • Home Inspectors • Designers • Developers • Building Officials • Individuals who are required to achieve compliance
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW