Ensuring Compliance With the National Building Code (Manitoba)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop valuable knowledge on key parts and interpretation of the National Building Code for Manitoba
- Discover the key elements for Manitoba's use of the National Building Code
- Find out how the objective based codes can work to your advantage and save thousands of dollars
- Enforce rules of construction in future preventing litigation, reducing risk of costly building
The National Building Code as adopted by Manitoba is divided into a number of parts dealing with the size and the use of the building as well as parts dealing with various specialty fields involved in the design of building elements (e.g. Combustible/Non-combustible construction, Barrier free). This course is focused on how to use the National Building Code in Manitoba.
It is of a general nature and will teach you and familiarize you with finding the pertinent section dealing with the subject matter. It specifically deals with the use of the building code and which parts apply to the different types of buildings.
This is an interactive course where you are working with the code as well as the instructor with real examples. Students are required to purchase and bring their copy of the National Building Code to the course.
- Legislative materials (inspectors authority, powers, orders, appeals, etc.)
- Fire Protection, Occupant Load, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- Combustible Construction
- Building Size and Construction Relative to Occupancy
- Fire Alarm and Detection
- Additional Requirements for High Buildings
- Emergency Lighting and Power Supply
- Exit Requirements
- Vertical Transportation
Who Should Attend
Building officials • Building code, Architectural and Engineering Consultants • Home Inspectors • Designers • Developers • Individuals who are required to achieve complianceÂ
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW