Ensuring Compliance With the National Building Code
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop valuable knowledge on key parts and interpretation of the National Building Code of Canada 2015
- discover what new areas of the Building Code
- find out how the objective based codes can work to your advantage and save thousands of dollars
- enforce rules of construction in future preventing litigation, reducing risk of costly building
The 2015 National Building Code of Canada is divided into a number of parts dealing with the size and the use of the building as well as parts dealing with various specialty fields involved in the design of building elements (e.g. Energy efficiency, Barrier free) This course is focused on how to use the 2015 National Building Code. It is of a general nature and will teach you and familiarize you with finding the pertinent section dealing with the subject matter. It specifically deals with the use of the building code and which parts apply to the different types of buildings.
Students are required to bring their copy of the 2015 National Building Code of Canada to the course. This is an interactive course where you are working with the code as well as the instructor with real examples.
Please note that this is general course without any provincial amendments.
- Fire Protection, Occupant Load, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- Combustible Construction
- Building Size and Construction Relative to Occupancy
- Fire Alarm and Detection
- Additional Requirements for High Buildings
- Emergency Lighting and Power Supply
- Exit Requirements
- Vertical Transportation
Who Should Attend
Building officials • Building code, Architectural and Engineering Consultants • Home Inspectors • Designers • Developers • Individuals who are required to achieve compliance
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW