Ensuring Compliance With the Ontario Building Code
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop valuable knowledge on key parts and interpretation of the Ontario Building Code 2012
- discover what new areas of the New Building Code
- discover how municipalities are enforcing the Ontario Building Code
- find out how the objective based codes can work to your advantage and save thousands of dollars
- enforce rules of construction in future preventing litigation, reducing risk of costly building
The 2012 Ontario Building Code Compendium is divided into a number of parts dealing with the size and the use of the building as well as parts dealing with various specialty fields involved in the design of building elements (e.g. Non-combustible construction, Barrier free) This course is focused on how to use the 2012 Ontario Building Code. It is of a general nature and will teach you and familiarize you with finding the pertinent section dealing with the subject matter. It specifically deals with the use of the Ontario Building code and which parts apply to the different types of buildings. This is an interactive course where you are working with the code as well as the instructor with real examples.
Students are required to purchase and bring their copy of the current Ontario Building Code Compendium amended Jan. 1, 2020 to the course.
- The Building Code Act
- Fire Protection, Occupant Load, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- Combustible Construction
- Building Size and Construction Relative to Occupancy
- Fire Alarm and Detection
- Additional Requirements for High Buildings
- Emergency Lighting and Power Supply
- Exit Requirements
- Vertical Transportation
Who Should Attend
Building officials • Building code, Architectural and Engineering Consultants • Home Inspectors • Designers • Developers • Individuals who are required to achieve compliance • Persons who want to prepare to write provincial examinations in order to receive a BCIN Registration
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW