Evaluation and Rehabilitation of Pavements
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Design new pavements using the AASHTO 1993 Guide for the Design of Pavements
- Understand the basics of the AASHTOWare Pavement ME mechanistic-empirical design
- Understand and know when to use non-destructive testing for pavement evaluation
- Apply management techniques to improve the life-cycle and reduce the cost of pavements
- Design and maintain permeable pavements
- Use life-cycle cost techniques to maximize value over a pavement life-cycle
- Use various maintenance and rehabilitation methods to extend the useful life of pavements
- Manage pavements and sidewalks efficiently with insight into pavement defects, their causes and repair
Cost effective pavement management is a result of careful design, quality construction and timely maintenance. Agencies are faced with the challenge of maintaining the significant public investment in transportation infrastructure. Although new materials and methods are being added to the roadway manager’s repertoire, they must accommodate increasing loads while continually fighting a challenging battle against deterioration.
This course examines practical techniques for the evaluation of asset condition and provides preventive maintenance and rehabilitation methods and materials to cost-effectively extend the service life of transportation assets. Learning will be further enhanced through presentations of case study examples.
- Factors that affect pavement performance
- New pavement design
- Pavement rehabilitation design
- Pavement management
- Life-cycle costing
- Permeable pavement design and maintenance
- Preventive maintenance treatments
- Rehabilitation and maintenance methods
- New pavement technology developments
- Examples of poor and best practices for roads and sidewalks
Who Should Attend:
Project Engineers and Managers • Municipal Engineers • Operations Maintenance Engineers Construction and Design Engineers • Contractors • Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW