Formwork, Shoring and Scaffolding: Materials, Economy and Design
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply formwork analysis and design skills to concrete structures
- Understand the safety issues related to formwork and the responsibility of designing a safe and functional formwork for concrete
- Apply economy and safety principles and considerations in formwork design
- Gain engineering judgment on formwork materials and their allowable stresses
- Evaluate formwork design options for various reinforced concrete members
Designers devote significant effort to optimizing the sizes of reinforced concrete members to achieve economical design. Formwork costs are often overlooked. Yet, this cost can exceed the reinforcing steel and concrete combined. Also, formwork failure is a safety concern and frustration for project stakeholders. Designers must ensure the safety and effectiveness of formwork, and site personnel are responsible for ensuring that formwork is built as designed. Hence, knowledge of formwork design and erection is essential.
This course provides participants with state-of-the-art knowledge of formwork materials and design.
The focus will be on solving problems that allow delegates to apply principles to real-world design cases.
- Economy and cost considerations of formwork
- Formwork materials
- The pressure of fresh concrete on formwork
- Design of concrete formwork
- Examples of formwork applications and design
- Special formwork topics
- Shoring and scaffolding
- Serviceability and deflections
Who Should Attend
Construction, Civil and Materials Engineers • Designers • Site Engineers • Formwork Technologists and Technicians • Construction personnel • Project Coordinators and Estimators
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW