Geotechnical Aspects of Pavements
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify challenges associated with the design and construction of modern pavement systems;
- Assess the geotechnical inputs needed for the design of pavements;
- Evaluate and select appropriate remediation measures for pavement subgrades;
- Develop alternatives for addressing subgrade problems during design and construction; and,
- Complete the design procedures of an asphalt pavement system.
The course covers the latest methods and procedures to address the geotechnical issues in pavement design, construction, and performance. These methods can be applied to new construction, reconstruction and pavement rehabilitation projects. The content includes geotechnical assessment, testing and characterization of in-place and constructed subgrades, as well as designing and constructing pavement subgrades and unbounded materials for paved roads. The course is designed to cover the elements of the empirical and mechanistic-empirical design approaches. It will cover asphalt pavements including granular layers and HMA mixes, specifications, and main aspects of construction. Course will focus on provincial practices in Alberta.
Part I: Geotechnical Engineering for Pavement Engineers
- Water and Soils
- Consolidation and Settlement
- Strength and Stiffness
- Ground Improvement and Applications
Part II: Pavement Engineering
- Pavement Investigation
- Subgrade and Granular Layers in Pavement Structure
- Hot-Mix Asphalt Mixes
- Pavement Design and Performance
Who Should Attend:
Civil Engineers • Managers • Owners of Highways • Ministry of Transportation Personnel • Pavement Design Engineers • Transit System Engineers • Infrastructure Project Managers • Geotechnical Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Specification Writers • Quality Assurance Managers • Construction Engineers • Technicians and TechnologistsREQUEST ON-SITE Quote
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW