Geotechnical Aspects of Pavements
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify challenges associated with the design and construction of modern pavement systems, including roadway embankments
- Assess the geotechnical inputs needed for the design of pavements and embankments
- Evaluate and select appropriate remediation measures for pavement subgrades and embankment foundations
- Develop alternatives for addressing foundation and subgrade problems during design and construction
- Complete the design procedures of an asphalt pavement system
The course covers the latest methods and procedures to address the geotechnical issues in pavement design, construction, and performance. These methods can be applied to new construction, reconstruction, and pavement rehabilitation projects. The content includes geotechnical assessment, testing and characterization of in-place and constructed subgrades, and designing and constructing pavement subgrades and unbounded materials for paved roads.
The course is designed to cover the elements of the empirical and mechanistic-empirical design approaches. It will cover asphalt pavements, including granular layers and HMA mixes, specifications, and main aspects of construction.
Part I: Geotechnical Engineering for Pavement Engineers
- Background and Introductory Concepts
- Water and Soils
- Consolidation and Settlement
- Strength and Stiffness
- Ground Improvement and Applications/Case Studies
Part II: Pavement Engineering
- Pavement Investigation
- Subgrade and Granular Layers in Pavement Structure
- Hot-Mix Asphalt Mixes
- Pavement Design and Performance
Who Should Attend
Civil Engineers • Managers • Owners of Highways • Ministry of Transportation Personnel • Pavement Design Engineers • Transit System Engineers • Infrastructure Project Managers • Geotechnical Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Specification Writers • Quality Assurance Managers • Construction Engineers • Technicians and Technologists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW