Geotechnical Engineering Fundamentals: Slope Stability
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the forces and activities that provoke slope failures
- Understand the factors controlling the stability of slopes.
- Estimate the stability of slopes.
- Appreciate the role of different slope stabilization techniques in slope stability.
Many geotechnical structures (e.g., dams, levees, highways, canals and excavations) are constructed by sloping the lateral faces of the soil, as building slopes is generally less expensive than constructing walls. Failure of natural slopes (landslides) and man-made slopes have resulted in the loss of life, destruction, economic losses, and environmental damage. This lecture aims at understanding the mechanisms controlling the stability of slopes, analyzing the strength of slopes against any potential failure, and developing stabilization techniques to stabilize unstable slopes.
All key concepts will be explained, and emphasis will be placed on the practical application of the information provided.
- Shear strength of soils
- Factors controlling slope instability
- Slope stability analysis (hand calculation and available programs)
- Slope stabilization techniques
Who Should Attend
Those who deal with construction-related geotechnical engineering issues or need to build background on slope stability analyses and design, including:
- Civil, Environmental and Transportation engineers/Technicians
- Geologists, city and public works officials/planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW