Geotechnical Engineering Workshop - Fundamentals and Applications
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of soil mechanics, and identify issues and challenges
- Determine appropriate subsurface exploration and laboratory characterization
- Evaluate construction practices
- Understand slope stability, pavement sub-grades, and the use of retaining walls
- Apply your understanding of soil behaviour on your projects where earthworks and foundations are involved
Engineers responsible for construction work need an understanding of different soils and how they behave. The depth of understanding need not equal that of a geotechnical engineer who must use rigorous mathematics, extensive experience, theory and research in design. However, to be effective the non-geotechnical engineer does need a working understanding of basic concepts to gain confidence in dealing with a variety of subsoil related problems that they may encounter on engineering projects.
This course is designed for participants to gain a better understanding of soil behaviour and learn from an expert in geotechnical engineering about subsoil problems and their solutions.
- Basic soil mechanics concepts
- Water in soils: permeability and seepage
- Stress in soil and soil settlement
- Shear strength of soils
- Subsurface investigations
- Stability of earth slopes
Who Should Attend:
Civil and Structural Engineers • Designers • Construction Engineers • Construction Managers and personnel • Project Engineers and Managers • Technologists and Technicians • Engineering Managers • General ContractorsREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW