Geotechnical Site Investigation and Instrumentation
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles and procedures for geotechnical site investigation.
- Learn how to select the right type of instrument for monitoring and site investigation.
- Become knowledgeable about the observational method in geotechnical engineering and state-of-the-art technologies used for geotechnical investigation.
- Gain insight into the long term behaviour of geotechnical structures.
- Review applications of site investigation, geotechnical monitoring and instrumentation for slopes, settlement, fills, excavations and walls.
Geotechnical engineers have a fascinating, yet occasionally confounding, job because they deal with inherently variable materials arranged by Nature - soil and rock. Karl Terzaghi once purportedly stated, “Nature has no contract with mathematics…” Similarly Peck (1972) stated, “In construction underground, where the engineer deals with materials having properties that vary not only in space but also in time, details of construction often have significant or even overwhelming influence on the behavior of the structure and of the surrounding soil.
For an understanding of the behavior, these details must be observed and recorded.” As such, geotechnical engineers, perhaps more than any other branch of civil engineering, rely on physical (and preferably insitu) measurements of material (soil and rock) properties and behavior for use in engineering design and in the subsequent evaluation of engineering performance.
- Introduction to site investigation
- Site investigation methods
- Application of instrumentation in geotechnical engineering
- Intro to Emerging Technologies
- Case histories of site investigation and instrumentation
Who Should Attend:
Designers • Planners • Construction Managers • Geotechnical Engineers • Municipal Engineers • Contractors • Owners and Other Technical Personnel Interested Geotechnical Site Investigation and Monitoring of Soil Structure
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW