Stormwater Management for Non-Engineers
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- solve common hydrology and hydraulic engineering problems
- employ latest techniques in hydrology and hydraulic design procedures
- apply various analysis methods to estimate flows in rivers and drainage infrastructure
- assess the design of streams and rivers, culverts, bridge openings, drainage facilities, and stormwater management structures
Stormwater Management is a branch of engineering concerned with the study of water and the protection of people and property from the damaging effect of surface water.
The course was prepared for non-engineers and technicians who need a basic understanding of the three most commonly used branches of hydrotechnical engineering:
- Engineering hydrology
- Hydraulics of drainage infrastructure
- Drainage and stormwater management
This course provides the fundamentals without delving into complicated mathematical formulas. Lectures will include real life examples and simple hands-on exercises and problem-solving.
Who Should Attend
Engineers and technologists not familiar with hydrotechnical engineering, such as:
- civil engineers
- mechanical engineers
- electrical engineers
- mining engineers
- chemical engineers
- agricultural engineers
- municipal engineers
- manufacturers of drainage products
- general contractors
- property managers
- directors of physical plants
- municipal building officials
- building inspectors
- field review personnel
- project engineers
- others who would like to know more about hydrotechnical systems, or require a refresher
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW