Impact & Control of RFIs
After participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Have a better understanding of the issues, risks, and challenges concerning the use of RFIs on construction projects.
- Understand how the RFI process can be abused and used as the basis of claims.
- Be exposed to ways to mitigate the adverse impact of RFIs through contractual mechanisms.
- Understand a method for controlling the risks posed by RFIs and a system for managing the RFI process.
- Learn about the value of an electronic RFI tracking and monitoring system.
- Gain information on the best management practices concerning RFIs and the RFI process.
This webinar discusses the genesis of RFIs and the impact of RFIs on construction projects. It draws upon data provided by ACONEX and other studies to assess how RFIs and the RFI processes impact construction projects.
This webinar identifies the potential weaponization of the RFI process and examines how some contractors may misuse RFIs to increase profitability, a practice that has become somewhat institutionalized in recent times. The webinar uses a project case study to illustrate how the process can be abused and examines the legal arguments for cumulative impact as a result of a large quantity of RFIs. The webinar explains how owners inadvertently contribute to the abuse of RFIs by failing to adopt practices that may contractually safeguard against the potential negative impacts of the RFI process.
The webinar sets forth a framework for reducing the impact of RFIs that consists of three principal recommendations: the incorporation of critical definitions and an RFI control specification; electronic RFI tracking and monitoring RFIs; and best management practices concerning RFIs that owners and contractors can adopt and implement for managing the RFI process.
Who Should Attend:
- Attorneys dealing with construction delays and cumulative impact claims.
- Owners and owner representatives managing capital improvement projects.
- Contractor executives, project managers, project sponsors and project control personnel.
- Construction managers and design professionals providing services during construction.
- Purpose of Research
- Generis of RFIs
- Impact of RFIs on Projects
- Cost and Time Impacts
- Abuse of the RFI Process
- RFIs In Action – A Case Study
- Legal Decisions Concerning RFIs
- Owners – Part of the Problem
- Incorporate an RFI Clause
- RFI Review System
- Electronic Tracking System
- Forward Thinking Index™
- RFI Best Management Practices
- Means of Preventing RFIs
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW