Innovation in Roadway Design, Construction and Maintenance
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- To understand the benefits of implementing roadway design, construction and maintenance techniques
- Be able to describe key factors to ensure the successful adoption of new processes and procedures
- Identify potential sources for detailed information on innovation deployment
This webinar highlights innovations in the design, construction and maintenance of roadway infrastructure from around the world. Innovation is the act of introducing a new idea, method or device that drives change in the engineering field. Innovations can reduce the impact of roadways on the environment, reduce construction time and costs and improve safety for both the travelling public and construction workers. Recent U.S. Federal Highway Bills have embraced the area of innovation in roadway design and construction. This has resulted in the introduction and deployment of numerous innovative techniques and processes.
This webinar describes innovation transportation techniques and materials such as:
- Warm mix asphalt
- Magnetic imaging tomography for concrete pavements
- Pre-cast concrete slabs
- Synthetic asphalt cement
- Infrared monitoring for asphalt compaction control
- Accelerated bridge construction
- High friction surfaces
- Next generation concrete pavement surface texture
- In-place recycling techniques for pavement renewal
Each of these innovations can contribute to the improvement of our transportation infrastructure and once mastered, become a standard to achieve. This webinar outlines case studies of recent innovative techniques and examples of their use, benefits and guidelines for their implementation.
Who Should Attend?
- Architects, engineers and technicians involved in roadway design, construction and maintenance
- Agency personnel involved in the delivery of transportation infrastructure
- Consultants involved in the evaluation of pavement condition
- Contractors interested in advancing roadway construction technology
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW