Inspection, Repair and Rehabilitation of Marine Structures
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and undertake condition inspections of existing marine structures
- Apply the learnt methods and strategies in the repair and rehabilitation of concrete, steel and timber marine structures
- Develop, repair and rehabilitate programs for existing marine structures
Marine structures, including piers, docks, wharves, seawalls and breakwaters, are vital components of the shipping, passenger ferry, cruise line, and fishing industries. Many of these existing structures are currently past their original expected service lives and require rehabilitation to remain safe and functional. Marine structures can also suffer physical damage as a result of overloading, ship impacts, adverse weather conditions and environmental effects.
After conducting a structural condition inspection, engineers must develop a repair, rehabilitation and maintenance program necessary to meet operational requirements and maintain or extend the remaining service life of the marine structure.
- Principles of marine structure deterioration
- Inspection planning methods and techniques
- Common repair and protection practices
- Extending a marine structure's service life
- Impacts of sea level rise
- Life-cycle management and maintenance programs
- Designing to minimize deterioration
Who Should Attend
Marine Facility Engineers and Managers • Public Maritime Infrastructure Managers • Harbour Masters • Maritime Facility Owners • Civil and Structural Engineers • Construction Professionals • Project Managers • Marine Insurance Professionals
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW