Inspection, Repair and Rehabilitation of Marine Structures
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and undertake condition inspections of existing marine structures
- Apply the learned methods and strategies in the repair and rehabilitation of concrete, steel and timber marine structures
- Develop repair and rehabilitation programs for existing marine structures
Marine structures, including piers, docks, wharves, seawalls, and breakwaters, are vital components of the shipping, passenger ferry, cruise line, and fishing industries. Various components of a structure typically begin to deteriorate soon after construction and require inspection and maintenance to identify deteriorated components before the impacts compromise the structure’s performance. Many existing marine structures are past their expected service lives and require inspection and rehabilitation to remain safe and functional. Marine structures can also sustain physical damage due to overloading, ship impacts, adverse weather conditions, and environmental effects.
After conducting a structural condition inspection, engineers must develop a repair, rehabilitation, and maintenance program necessary to meet operational requirements and maintain or extend the remaining service life of the marine structure.
- Principles of marine structure deterioration
- Inspection planning, methods and techniques
- Common repair and protection practices
- Extending a marine structure’s service life
- Impacts of climate change
- Life-cycle management and maintenance programs
- Designing to minimize deterioration
Who Should Attend
Marine Facility Engineers and Managers • Public Maritime Infrastructure Managers • Harbour Masters • Maritime Facility Owners • Civil and Structural Engineers • Construction Professionals • Project Managers • Marine Insurance Professionals
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW