Introduction to Coastal Engineering
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Understand coastal engineering and apply your knowledge in solving problems of erosion and shoreline instability
- Access the design of various shore protection structure
- Anticipate the effect of climate change on Ocean, sea, lake coasts
Coastal engineering is fairly a new subject. The coastal problems are enlarged due to climate change as well as man kind interference in shore stability. Problem solving depends mainly on understanding. Although the course covers the design of shore protection structures, attendants may follow the procedure regardless of their background. There is no sophisticated algebra or complicated formulas.
Participants are expected to easily understand the fundamentals and to be interested in understanding phenomena of climate change and coastal problem solving. Field data and study cases may clearly illustrate the handling of coastal subjects.
- Waves and currents
- Sediment transport
- Effect of climate change on coastal stability
- Methods of shore protections
- Design of various shore protection structures
- Mathematical simulation and physical models
- Study and field cases
Who Should Attend
Engineers and Architects • Contractors • Government and City Hall Officials • People Living on Coast Line or Owning a Property Near the Shore • Property Managers and Real Estate Representatives • Others Interested to Know About Climate Change and Its Effect On Our Shore Line and CoastsREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW