Introduction to Dam Safety
After participating in this course, you will have:
- a basic understanding of dam design, construction, operation and maintenance, with a focus on the safe retention and passage of water
- an understanding of the associated risks, and the requirements of a dam safety program
Dams and their appurtenant structures are built for a variety of reasons including flood protection, power generation, irrigation, industrial or mine residual waste storage and recreation. The importance of dam safety to the mining, industrial, infrastructure, and energy sectors of the Canadian economy cannot be overstated. Various regulatory and industry practices exist for dam design, operation, surveillance, and maintenance and dam owners, operators, and professionals need to understand the nature of the many aspects of safe dam design, performance monitoring, maintenance, rehabilitation, and upgrading of dams to ensure ongoing safe operation and performance.
This introductory course is aimed at all personnel involved with the design, management, operation, maintenance, surveillance, and rehabilitation of dams.
- Module 1: Why Dam Safety?
- Module 2: Principles of Dam Design
- Module 3: Dam Safety Governance
- Module 4: Performance Management of Dams
- Module 5: Risk Identification and Analysis
- Module 6: Critical Controls and Critical Control Management
Who Should Attend
Designers • Operators • Owners • Engineers • Consultants • Contractors • Individuals with interest in dams for water and solid waste retention, flood control, and power generation
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW