Investigation of Fires in Structures and Equipment
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- consider the benefit from and the need for accurate and definitive investigations,
- learn the necessary approaches to investigation of fires and explosions
- identify the various requirements for a successful investigation
- consider the scope and methods of information collection and address the actual procedure through case studies
It is generally recognized that the cause of all accidents should be established. This requirement may be for one or more of several reasons. These reasons include impending litigation, influence of insurers, pressure from statutory bodies, trade and labour organizations and the interest of the general public.
Whatever the reason, the investigation must be planned to meet the identified need. In this course the background of fires investigation will be reviewed. The major aspects of an investigation and the modus operandi of undertaking it, will be described. Preparation and content of the final report will be discussed. Case studies of fire investigations will be presented.
- Fire Chemistry
- Origin Determination
- Burn Patterns
- Fire Cause Sources of Ignition
- Investigation Techniques and Procedures
- Planning the investigation
- Data Analysis and Testing
- Case Studies
Who Should Attend
Loss Adjusters • Risk Insurers • Lawyers (Involved In This Area) • Safety Officers • Directors • Engineers With Environmental Health and Safety • Consultants • Forensic Engineers • Plant Management and Supervisory Staff • Individuals Involved in the Following Industries: Chemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum, Insurance, Emergency Services, Process Industries, Waste Disposal, Plastics, Pharmaceutical.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW