Laterally Loaded Piles - Lateral Load Capacity and Deflection
After participating in this course, you will be able to
- Estimate the lateral capacity and deflection of piles
- Choose the proper improvement technique to enhance the lateral capacity of piles
- Analyze pile-load test results
Pile foundations are sometimes used to withstand lateral forces and moments experienced in offshore structures and high-rise buildings. The pile foundations' lateral load capacity and deflection will govern the pile's performance in this scenario. The lateral performance of the piles depends on the pile characteristics (length, diameter, stiffness) and the surrounding soil properties.
This lecture focuses on the analysis of pile behaviour under lateral loads. The lateral load-carrying capacity estimation will be presented for both short and long piles in cohesive and cohesion-less soils. The lateral pile deflection will also be estimated for single piles and pile groups.
- Factors affecting the lateral capacity of piles
- The lateral capacity of single piles and pile groups
- Pile lateral deflection
- Design considerations for laterally loaded piles
- Methods to increase the lateral capacity of piles
Who Should Attend
Those who deal with construction-related geotechnical engineering issues or need to build background on geotechnical analyses and design, including:
- Civil, Environmental and Transportation Engineers/Technicians
- Geologists, city and public works officials/planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW