After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Assess the suitability of the different foundation types for the different offshore structures
- Identify the factors affecting the axial and lateral performance of foundations in offshore condition
- Understand the performance of offshore structures against geohazards
- Conduct geotechnical site investigations for offshore projects
This course is intended to develop an understanding of the theories and procedures required for the analysis, design, and construction of offshore structures, including gravity bases, jack-ups and jacket platforms. Foundation engineering concepts related to the design of offshore structures, including load transfer mechanisms, the suitability of different pile geometries for different loading and soil conditions, and the settlement of foundations in offshore conditions.
This course will also include design requirements for artificial islands.
- The Offshore Environment, Sediments, and Soil Characteristics
- Offshore Survey and Site Investigation
- Shallow Offshore Foundations and Gravity Bases
- Jackup Platforms
- Jacket Platforms
- Artificial Islands
Who Should Attend
Geotechnical Engineers • Project Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Technicians intending to expand their knowledge of deep foundations
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW