Overview of the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (NECB) 2020
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and structure of the NECB
- Understand changes compared to previous versions
- Understand a methodology for calculating overall wall thermal transmittance and thermal bridges
- Understand the compliance paths: prescriptive, performance, and tiered performance
- Understand information available in the NECB User Guide
NECB 2020 is the most recent version of this national standard. This course will provide an overview of the standard and information on how to apply it to buildings.
- Structure of the NECB
- Compliance Paths
- Prescriptive Criteria, Parts 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Wall thermal transmittance calculations
- Part 8 Performance Compliance Path
- Part 10 Tiered Performance Compliance
- User’s Guide
- Major changes compared to NECB 2015 and 2017
Who Should Attend
Architects • Building Engineers • Energy ConsultantsREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW