Pavement Design 101
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and use current common pavement design procedures
- Understand the common design and construction features that are important to the performance of both asphalt and concrete pavements
- Understand pavement distress types and causes
- Complete a simple AASHTO 93 pavement structural design
- Communicate and promote good road design and construction practices
This webinar provides an introduction to the design of flexible and rigid pavements. The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) 1993 pavement design procedure is covered along with an introduction to the new AASHTOWare Pavement Design ME mechanistic-empirical design method. The webinar covers the primary design, specification and construction factors that contribute to pavement's long-term functional and structural performance.
Positive and negative design features and construction conditions are presented to better understand what we can do to ensure the cost-effective use of transportation investments.
This course covers:
- Primary features of major pavement types
- Factors affecting pavement performance
- Typical pavement failure modes
- Pavement distresses, types and severities
- Inputs affecting pavement design
- Traffic and subgrade types
- Examples using the AASHTO design procedure
Who Should Attend
- Roadway agency owners
- Municipal infrastructure staff
- Consultants and contractors designing and constructing roadway infrastructure
- Asset management and operations staff
- Personnel involved in the maintenance of sidewalks and recreational trails
- Inspection and testing staff
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW