Effective Methods for the Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Commercial Parking Area Pavements
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand key commercial areas pavement performance features and how to build them to last
- Identify best construction practices to ensure high quality construction
- Use methods and means to identify deficiencies and complete condition assessments
- Prioritize problems and identify those that should be treated and when
- Identify and use effective techniques to preserve the condition of the assets
Parking area pavements are intended to provide a safe and durable surface for the public. They are typically the last thing constructed in a development and are given little consideration despite their significant value. It is not difficult to design and construct them properly to have a design life of 20 or more years but frequently, they show distress after only 5 years of service. Property managers are not typically familiar with traffic and use issues that lead to early failure and typically look to contractors for advice on repairs which can result in more deterioration.
Maximizing the life of a parking area is easy by understanding what to look for, how and when to fix it before it becomes a bigger problem.
This course covers:
- Function of parking area pavements
- Pavement design
- Key design features to ensure long life
- Proper construction and maintenance techniques
- Methods of maintenance and preservation
- What to concentrate on to ensure maximum life
- Methods to evaluate the effectiveness of new products
- Condition inspection and monitoring procedures
- Pavement management
Who Should Attend
- Owners of commercial area pavements
- Property and maintenance managers
- Staff involved in construction and maintenance
- Consultants designing and constructing parking lots
- Inspection and testing personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW