Pavement Treatments to Improve Friction and Reduce Moisture Infiltration
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of pavement surface friction
- Recognize the impact of surface water and infiltration
- Know how to measure permeability effectively
- Recognize important pavement material requirements
- Understand methods to reduce permeability
A significant contributor to pavement deterioration is moisture infiltration. Keeping the water out of the pavement has long been a mantra for pavement engineers. Water on the pavement surface contributes to surface splashing, spraying, and possible hydroplaning, which can impact driver safety. Water infiltration into the pavement structure and subgrade can also reduce the pavement materials' load-bearing capacity, reducing the service life of pavements.
This webinar outlines the basics of the impact of moisture on pavements and the factors affecting permeability. It provides an overview of methods to measure moisture infiltration and pavement surface friction and details on techniques to reduce pavement permeability and improve pavement surface friction.
This course covers:
- Overview of pavement surface types
- Impact of water on pavement surface/base/subbase/subgrade
- Methods to measure pavement surface friction
- Methods to measure pavement permeability
- Strategies to improve pavement surface friction
- Methods to reduce pavement permeability
- Quality assurance/control
- Key features to ensure pavement longevity
Who Should Attend
- Architects and civil engineers responsible for the design, construction, maintenance and rehabilitation of pavements
- Agencies and other owners of highway, municipal and private sector pavement infrastructure
- Pavement material suppliers and contractors
- Operations personnel responsible for the maintenance and rehabilitation of pavements
- Private sector developers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW