Planning, Design, Construction, Repair and Renovation of Docks and Marinas
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Understand important planning considerations
- Know how to evaluate a site for suitability
- Know what to look for in dock and anchorage systems to best serve the present need and future growth
- Be aware of new innovative materials and construction techniques to provide excellent value and profit
- Determine the cost-benefit of renovating existing docks and marinas
Docks and marinas provide a very important feature of a coastal community. They are the link that connects land development with access to the water. Land values can be significantly higher with good docks and marina facilities.
New facilities are still being built in locations where there was not water access before. But many now are built in previous industrial or waterfront development sites. Many are renovations of previous marinas.
Building or renovating docks and marinas, as most waterfront development, requires investigating far more variables compared to land development to insure a greater degree of success. You will learn what the most important variables typically are from an expert who has been involved in coastal engineering and waterfront development for over 30 years. Products, methods of construction and assessment continually evolve to provide better materials, less corrosion and wear resulting in longer service and profit.
- Introduction to marinas and their value to waterfront plans
- The planning process from perceived need to construction and operation
- Environmental and regulatory considerations
- Site assessment and design specifics
- Types of products, construction methods and services. New products and technologies.
- Understanding ice behavior and ways to reduce winter damage
- Evaluation fundamentals to successfully renovate or upgrade an existing facility
- The Clean Marina program. Ways to be a good steward of the environment
- Showcase of recently built and renovated docks and marinas
- Participant interaction-Review and discuss actual projects being considered or underway by participants.
Who Should Attend
Owners • Operators • Developers • Consulting Engineers and Marina Designers • Contractors Regulators and Plan Reviewers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW