Planning, Design, Inspection, Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Rail Bridges
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Select efficient structure for different railway bridge configurations
- Provide cost effect solution for railway bridge construction
- Evaluate loads and load combinations
- Determine assessment for existing railway bridges
- Prepare detailed design and rehabilitation for different types of railway bridges
Railway bridges are considered as an important part of transportation infrastructure. The design, development and worldwide construction of bridges represent the most challenging achievements in civil engineering. This course presents structural design of railway bridges that covers superstructures and substructures, as well as the assessment methodology for existing railway bridges in compliance with the AREMA standard.
This course provides basic principles of strength, serviceability, detailed design of both concrete and steel bridges. Numerous examples and case studies are presented in detail. The course will provide to participants a modern approach for railway bridge design and rehabilitation, and the latest best practice design guidance.
- Introduction - Bridge Engineering Overview
- History and Development of Steel Railway Bridges
- Description and Main Components of Railway Bridges
- Railway Bridge Design Loads - AREMA Standard
- Bridge assessment and Rating - Examples
- Steel Bridge Redundancy
- Fracture Control and Fatigue
- Coal Handling Railway Elevated Structure. - Case Study
- Accelerated Bridge Construction Techniques (ABC) - Case Studies
- Maintenance, strengthening and repair for steel and concrete bridges
- Design Example: Reinforced Concrete Bridge and Foundation Stability
- Design Example: Ballasted Through Plate Girder Railway Bridge
- Design Example: Steel Box with concrete Deck Railway Bridge
- Bridge Rehabilitation vs Replacement
- Value Engineering and Constructability Review
Who Should Attend
Managers and Engineers of National, Provincial and Local Railroad Agencies • Railway Bridge Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Structural Engineers • Design Engineers • Superintendents and Contractors • Fabricators • Construction Foremen and Material Suppliers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW