Pothole Repair and Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Learn what causes formation of potholes under different pavements settings from rural roads to urban freeways
- Get expert-level insights to materials used for pothole repairs
- Achieve confidence in selecting different pothole repair products and technologies, tailored to different network or project specific needs
- Enhance your skills in managing pothole repairs proactively and increasing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in executing maintenance programs
Asphalt pavements are important infrastructure asset for road agencies in terms of political and financial impacts on annual budget. Potholes are amongst most frequently distresses observed for asphalt pavements, especially those located within urban setting. This type of distress is the bane of both drivers and maintaining agencies across Canada. If not properly fixed, potholes could progressively become worst over short period of time, and allow more water to infiltrate the underlain layers cause more significant damages to the pavement structure. The damage could form irregularities that could quickly become a safety hazard for the traveling public.
This course will examine evolution of pothole formation under different traffic and climate settings. A technical background information will be provided on nature of materials used for pothole patching, and how this understanding can be tailored to different type of potholes and loadings (traffic, and climate) in specifying longer lasting repair materials. Other variables such as production, transportation and placement of pothole materials will be discussed to provide a holistic view on life cycle of pothole repair materials and how variables in each stage could impact the durability and intended life. Finally, this course provide different asset management techniques (manual and automatic) in detecting potholes in timely manner and use proactively in budgeting and managing material procurement on project or network level.
- Key understanding why potholes form and need for repair using appropriate durable materials
- Repair Planning from material selection to successful field performance
- Building on expert-knowledge to execute successful maintenance programs
Who Should Attend:
Road Supervisors • Municipality or County Maintenance Personnel
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW