Residential Building Envelope and Structure Assessment and Repair
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the building code to design requirements for building envelope repair
- Understand the underlying mechanisms of deterioration
- Create and use repair contracts
- Protect your interests
- Resolve disputes
Multi-unit and single-family residential building repair is a growing industry. This course offers tools for correctly assessing major repair needs and applying design and construction standards geared to new construction. Participants will also study approaches for repairing existing buildings and learn to avoid poor-quality and unsafe repairs.
This online course will explore various building designs and construction materials, and how the application of building codes and materials are used in the repair of multi-unit and single-family buildings. Contracts and disputes associated with typical building repair contracts will also be discussed.
- Building permits
- Building code legislation
- Application of the building code
- Assessment and repair of building structures
- Assessment and repair of building envelopes
- Masonry veneer and flashing
- Exterior insulation finish systems (EIFS)
- Window systems
- Components of repair contracts
- Construction liens and contract disputes
Who Should Attend
Those involved in the assessment and repair of residential buildings, including:
Designers • Engineers • Architects • Building Inspectors • Professionals • Project Managers • Owners • Managers of Buildings • Repair Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW