Resolution of Construction Disputes with ADR
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Learn five pre-dispute resolution methods
- Know multiple dispute resolution methods to be used during the construction phase of a project
- Understand multiple alternative dispute resolution techniques beyond mediation and prior to arbitration or litigation
- Be aware of some alternative dispute resolution techniques that may be employed during litigation
- Be able to use the information to select an appropriate alternative dispute resolution technique
Construction industry disputes are common and the amounts in these disputes are frequently quite high. They are often complex making it difficult to present issues clearly to non-technical triers of fact.
The construction industry has developed numerous resolution techniques, all with the end goal of resolving disputes without resorting to time consuming and expensive litigation. This webinar explores nearly thirty forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) used in construction. All differ and all have advantages and disadvantages that should be considered prior to selection.
- Pre-Dispute ADR Methods
- Escrow Bid Documents, Dispute Resolution Ladders, etc.
- Initial Claims and Dispute Phase ADR Methods
- Initial Decision Makers, Dispute Resolution Boards, etc.
- ADR Alternatives During Litigation
- Settlement Conferences, Court Appointed Experts, Referees, etc.
- And more
Who Should Attend:
- Attorneys dealing with construction delays claims and disputes
- Owners and owner representatives managing capital improvement projects
- Contractor executives, project managers, project sponsors and project controls personnel
- Construction managers and design professionals performing services during construction
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW