After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Understand fundamentals of rock mechanics and its application to slope stability engineering.
- Define various methods of slope stabilization and identify appropriate application.
- Conduct simple stability analyses of slopes.
- Familiar with computer analysis methods and typical design practices.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of principles of investigation and stabilization of slope failures.
The objective of this course is to provide practitioners involved in civil and mining engineering an understanding of the various type of rocks that they will be working and designing in. The basic knowledge gained in this course helping the students to develop a good working understanding of the basic and fundamental principles of rock mechanics as applied to designing and stabilizing safe and economical surface/underground excavations.
- Rock formation
- Rock mass characterization
- Site investigation and its implementation
- Rock mechanical and physical properties
- Rock sampling
- Rock failure criterion (Hoek and Brown)
- Rock quality
- Slope failure mechanism
- Rock classification background
- Rock structure rating (RSR)
- Rock mass rating (RMR)
- Rock mass index (RMI)
- Geological strength index (GSI)
- Site Exploration
- Lab testing and Interpretations
- Stability Concepts and Analysis Methods
- Stabilization methods
- Determination of shear strength parameters of rocks
Who Should Attend
Geotechnical/civil and mining engineers, structural engineers, civil engineering technicians and technologists, field engineers, design engineers, anyone who needs to build background on rock mechanics. Best suited for civil engineers, consultants, engineering geologists, soil scientists, city and public works officials and city planners.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW