Seismic Analysis and Design of Steel and Reinforced Concrete Buildings Using NBCC 15
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Estimate the probability and intensity of ground motions likely to occur at a site and their design implications
- Perform seismic analysis of structures both manually and using computer tools
- Use on your projects the concepts of capacity design and structure ductility as well as NBCC15 seismic design requirements
- Apply the basic principles of design and detailing of earthquake resistant steel and reinforced concrete buildings
To effectively apply the seismic provisions of the National Building Code of Canada NBCC 15, structural engineers need a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of earthquake engineering, including ground motion seismology, structural dynamics, concept of capacity design, inelastic behaviour of various materials, and seismic design and detailing. This course provides an opportunity to learn the basic principles and practices of analysis and design of earthquake-resistant building structures.
The course covers seismic design and detailing of steel and reinforced concrete buildings. Static and dynamic analysis of buildings using advanced computer codes is also presented.
- Earthquake ground motions characteristics
- Response of a single degree of freedom system
- Seismic analysis of multi degrees of freedom structures
- Code procedures for earthquake resistant structures
- Seismic design of steel buildings and reinforced concrete structures
Who Should Attend:
Those requiring a thorough understanding of seismic design, including: Structural Engineers • Civil Engineers • Designers • Consulting Engineers • Project Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW